Latest Posts

False Labor

By 12:09:00 PM ,

May 10, 2015


This scenario is what I am really afraid to happen but unfortunately it did. It started after a long walk from Sunday worship. Pagkauwi namen, my abdominal part started to ache. Di ko siya pinapansin nung una kasi usually naman siyang nangyayari sakin since I reached 8th months of my pregnancy. But it doesn't go away and it's getting stronger. My husband saw me in pain and asked me if I want to go to the hospital. I said no, however my Tita where we are renting our room heard about it and panicked. She convinced me to go to the hospital right away so we did. We took our bags which I packed a few weeks ago and rushed to Emergency Room then they walked me to Admitting Labor Room. One of the doctor did internal examination by putting two fingers inside of my vagina. Then I waited for an hour before my OB-Gyne came to see me. I heard that my cervical dilation is 1 cm and it needs to be 10 cm before they admit me to the Delivery Room.


My Ob-Gyne advised me to admit instead of asking me if I want to be admitted or go home. Siguro kung tinanong niya ako, uuwi na lang muna ako nun. So what happened for the next 24 hours is nothing. The next day they checked my dilation and it still 1 cm but my stomach is still hurting pero di naman gaano, di katulad nung papunta kaming hospital. So my Ob-gyne gave me castor oil. One of the nurses told me it will help me to dilate and induce labor. Sinabihan na nila ako na magtatae ako and sasakitan ng tiyan after ko magtake ng castor oil. Hindi maganda sa panlasa yung castor oil kaya better is sabayan siya ng any preferred juice para di mo siya malasahan. Nakadalawang pineapple juice ako nun para lang maubos ko ang isang bote ng castor oil. For the next 2 hours wala pang nangyayari sakin. I thought di na siya tumalab. But the next 3 hours, my suffering had started. I came back and forth to the comfort room until my stool becomes liquid and smells pineapple juice. My stomach is really hurting and I am feeling weak because of it. Sobrang hirap, kaya sabi ko sa susunod di na talaga ako magtetake nito.

Buong akala ko, after ng mga pagtatae manganganak na ako. Pero hindi pa din pala. That night, I am not feeling any signs of labor and I really want to go home. But they didn't allow me because I need a medical advise from my Ob-gyne. Eh bukas pa ng 11 am pwede manghingi ng request for discharge. So we stayed there for another night. Kinabukasan, they checked my dilation and granted my request for discharge. Ang ayoko lang sa mga nangyari sakin is, parang walang pakiealam yung OB ko sakin. Di nga niya pinapaalam kung ilang cm na ako. She just keep on checking my dilation. Di nga niya ako ineeducate sa nangyayari sakin. Nakakainis lang kasi mas madami pa siyang naikuwento about sa swimming dun sa mga nurses kesa sa ieeducate ako sa panganganak. I went home very disappointed. Buti na lang yung bill ko sa hospital for 2 days sa ward ay nacover ng philhealth ko. Kung gumastos pa ako ng cash dun baka namura ko yung OB ko.

So, for the expecting moms, please make sure before going to the hospital. Check for any signs of labor. When your stomach is aching, check if it is a contraction or just aching. Don't go to the hospital not unless you notice spotting, mucus plug and water breaking so you won't experience false labor like I did.

  If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I think you should switch to a bettter OB! Sana naman inasikaso ka niya ng maayos.😠

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di na talaga ako uulit dun. Lesson learned. Thanks for reading mommymadz :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no :( If I were in your place, I'd switch to another OB. It doesn't matter if you're due soon- it would be best to have someone you can trust when it's time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right mommy Kimberley, nagcross finger na lang ako nung time na yun na sana maging safe ang delivery ko. Luckily, wala namang naging problem. Pero di na talaga ako uulit sa kaniya. Thanks for reading this. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I also had several false labor during my pregnancy with Carl. Good thing though, I had a great OB-Gyne so she never had me admitted until I was 10cm dilated. Let us just charge this to experience. And you might wanna get a different OB next time =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buti ka pa mommy Charm. Medyo traumatic experience pag ganto lalo na pag first time. I'll switch OB for sure next time I had a baby. Thanks for dropping by. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  4. I think if 1 cm palang, you can still go home because that can last for several days or even weeks! Hay naku si OB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di ko din kasi alam yun dati. Oo nga eh sana pinauwi na lang ako. Grabe talaga siya. Thank you for dropping by Mommy Chessy :) Have a nice day!

      Delete
  5. Good thing i studied the difference when i was pregnant on my second and third baby. Binibilang talaga namin yung interval ng pain para sure kung lalabas na or hindi pa. Nung feeling namin nag lalabor na talaga ako pag dating sa hospital around 3-4 cm na daw sakto hehe. ~Pearliza Paguio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same experienced happen to my sister last week, she thought naglalabor na sya, pero nong pumunta na sya sa OB nya UTI pala LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patient-Doctor relationship should be valued first. Look for another OB if you are no longer comfortable with her :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! what an experience... You should've switch to another OB then...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate IE's during pregnancy. Painful and very uncomfortable especially when you're in labor. Finding the perfect OB, who will match our needs and expectations, is a challenge. But once you find her, pregnancy, labor and delivery will be so much easier and a happy experience too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ang hirap talagang magbuntis at manganak. It takes toll on the mommy's body, yet very rewarding all the pain literally goes away once you see your little bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To tell you honestly, I never went to labor not until my OB broke my waterbag finding out my little one got pooped while inside my tummy. After that, I was headed to delivery room to undergo cs operation. Anyway, kaloka ang OB. Kung sakin yan baka nireklamo ko yan sa ospital. Baka pera lang yung iniisip niyan. Tsk tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. its a must to get an OB that is comparible to you, it's gonna be a long term relationship, 9 months the least... So you better make sure you entrust it to someone.. Well... Trustworthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nakakaloka minsan talaga mga ganyan moments. I remembered my false labors too. Wow. Glad my OB was really knowledgeable of what she does :) Grabe talaga story mo. I would have probably slapped my OB hahaha. Kidding! :) Thanks for sharing, mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my! If it happened to me, I would seriously get furious! I highly recommend my pretty OB, Dra. Marinette Sto. Domingo, she is L-O-V-E! Thanks for sharing, Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete