Latest Posts

Our first 3 days with Prince

By 12:10:00 AM ,

May 13-15, 2015


Exactly 12 noon, I woke up in recovery room. I can't contain my excitement to see my baby! I've been waiting for him. I need to stay for another 1 hour before going back to the ward. We decided to switch from ward to a private room so we can have time alone with our baby. From my false labor, it's really hard to share one room with other 3 patients though we all have the same condition. I'm afraid that my baby's sleep will be interrupted when the other baby cry. Another thing is, it's really hard to accommodate your guest especially if you're expecting many.

Private room cost P2,500 while ward cost P1,000 only. That's a big difference right? But to make sure that your baby will not be infected with other patients, money will never matter. For private room, you will have air-conditioned room with your own bathroom, tv, fridge, cabinet, sink, a sofa for guests, and table. Check out my photos below:

Not bad right? Though medyo masikip ang place, but to have a place on your own is much better. I am so glad we switch kasi sobrang daming dumating na bisita from day 1 hanggang madischarge ako sa hospital. 10 am we advised nurses that we will be transferring room, kaso sobrang tagal nila mag-asikaso, around 3 pm na kami nakapagtransfer. They brought my baby around 5 pm. Everytime that there is someone knocking on the door, we always say "ayan na!" HAHAHA :D Di lang talaga mapigilan ang excitement. Then dumating na pinakihihintay namen, ang aking baby boy :">


My baby weighs 7.1 lbs or 3.2 kg. His length is 49 cm. 



Super excited lahat ng dumating si baby. I am so glad that I have my mother who take care of all the stuff that I need especially with my baby. I wasn't able to breastfeed my baby at that moment. Maybe because I don't know what to do. Akala ko madali lang. I just have to carry him, position his mouth to my breast to lactate. I keep on reading articles how to breastfeed pero pag andun ka na sa situation mawiwindang ka. Sa mga future moms especially first time moms, I suggest na umattend kayo ng seminar about breastfeeding. Malaking tulong siya para maging prepare kayo pagdating ng baby. At day 3 before kami madischarge, my baby had his first bath. Expect a lot of baby's cry dahil di pa sila sanay. The midwife or nurse will teach you how to take him a bath.

You don't have to bring baby oil because it is not allowed. You can bring any desire baby bath. We use Lactacyd baby bath for my baby kahit na may binigay na Johnson's top to toe wash. You don't have to bring alcohol din para sa umbilical cord ni baby, they will provide one. And they have free diapers too pero you can also bring your desired diapers.

Please make sure that after taking a bath, you have to clean your baby's umbilical cord and don't force it to get off his stomach. Goodluck mommies and hope you'll have safe delivery :)

#TEAMBARRUN
#PRINCENATHANIEL
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

You Might Also Like

0 comments