Latest Posts

Baby Bath Essentials Review

By 7:26:00 PM , ,




Bath time is always fun and surely bonding time with your little one but what you need to be sure of is his baby wash. There are a lot of baby wash to choose from in supermarkets, drug stores and malls. Aside from baby wash below are the list you need to have for bath time.
  • Bath tub
  • Warm water
  • Sponge or Clean cloth
  • Baby wash and shampoo
  • Towel
  • Massage oil or baby oil (optional)


When I'm still pregnant me and my husband is eyeing Aveeno baby wash because of reviews online. His colleague is using this baby bath too however, it's really hard to find one and you need to order online through amazon which is not convenient.

LACTACYD BABY BATH


We've got a sample of Lactacyd baby wash from Grand Baby Fair in SM Megamall. We used this one on my baby's first bath. I never heard that Lactacyd has baby wash because we are all familiar that Lactacyd is a feminine wash. Anyway, we fell in love with this product because of its smell which last on my baby's skin and it looks good on his skin. Lactoserum is a natural ingredient refined from milk. It is used to stabilize and maintain the vulva's protective environment.


Pros:
* Milky scent which is very pleasant and very mild
* Can be find in any stores
* Cost P179 only
* Baby's skin is smooth and radiant

Cons:
It's not foamy and bubbly which I think it's not cleaning deeply or removing baby's dirt completely



JOHNSON'S BABY HEAD TO TOE WASH


I got Johnson's baby wash from my maternity supply in the hospital after giving birth. I am really not a fan of Johnson's baby wash because of bad reviews in the internet. Babies who are using this are more risk of skin problems. We used this only 3-4 times I think and we just tried using it to see the results. Here's my review of this product.

Pros:
* Cheaper than any other brand in this blog
* Available in any stores, even in Sari-Sari stores
* Bubbly and foamy which helps to remove dirt

Cons:
* My baby's skin becomes dry
* Needs to rinse my baby more often because of the bubbly soap
* Toxic Ingredients found in this product. See this article


OILATUM BAR SOAP

I had 5 sample soap of Oilatum from my "ninang" who is an assistant of my baby's Pedia. At first I'm not using this product and gave some of it to my mother's "inaanak" because I thought we had too much. We started using it when my baby got neck rashes and after 3 days it's gone. We're using Lactacyd and Oilatum at the same time and I'm very happy with the result.


Pros:
* More economical
* Budget-friendly
* Good for sensitive skin
* Available in drugstores and supermarket

Cons:
* No fragrance



TRISOPURE BABY WASH


My ninang gave me also a sample product of trisopure baby wash. I am not familiar with the brand name. I'm not planning to use this baby wash for my baby however my mother used it. My mom hates wasting product. I cannot recommend trisopure because when my baby started using this, we noticed white patches on his skin. At first we ignore thought it's very normal but as day goes by my baby's skin becomes drier and rough.



Pros:
* Inexpensive
* Not too milky and not too bubbly
* Mild Scent

Cons:
* Not applicable for sensitive skin
* Dry and rough skin
* White patches result in skin



CETAPHIL BABY WASH

Since my baby got white patches, dry and rough skin from using Trisopure, I decided to use Cetaphil. I came up with this decision because I'm not seeing any progress with Lactacyd and Oilatum. Actually, I am eyeing this new Cetaphil baby before my baby's skin problem because of it's packaging and smell. It's another thing that Cetaphil has been the most trusted brand and most recommended by Pedia for sensitive skin especially for your little one's fragile skin. After 3 days of using it plus Oilatum, my baby's skin become smooth, clearer and brighter. I think I will stick with this product. I am also eyeing other Cetaphil products like lotion and massage oil.





Pros:                                                                          Cons:

* Best for sensitive skin                                             * Hard to find in any stores
* I love the different kind of scent                             * Need to control the liquid when squeezing
* Love the bottle package                                             because it easily get out of the bottle tends
* Scent last long on my baby's scalp                             to get more than what you need
* Clear and smooth skin
* Fair and reasonable price
   -Shampoo cost P214
   -Baby wash and shampoo cost P249

AVEENO BABY WASH AND SHAMPOO



I made a separate review of this product. You may click here to check it out. Aveeno baby was and shampoo contains scents of lavender and vanilla. Formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Oat Extract, this rich lathering cleanser helps retain moisture and soothe your baby's delicate skin, leaving it feeling clean, soft and healthy.

Pros:

* It smells so good which is why my baby feels so relaxed when taking a bath.
* After using it, my baby's skin got fairer, smoother and softer than his previous baby wash.
* It's tear-free, soap-free cleanser gentle enough for babies’ sensitive skin.
* In just a little drop, I can get enough amount to bathe my baby's body. I've been using it for a month now and I'm not feeling a need of replacing it by now.

Cons:

* The bottle package is hard to squeeze.
* Scent don't last long unlike my baby's previous baby wash.
* It's a bit expensive than the products that I tried. I bought this for P344.


BELO BABY BAR SOAP


Belo recently launches their newest product which is Belo baby perfect for delicate skin of babies. It contains Shea Butter. Cocoa Butter and Sweet Almond Oil which heals, protects, nourishes and moisturizes skin from damage and dryness.

Pros:

* Available in all leading supermarket.
* Foamy and gentle on skin
* Smells good and really nice

Cons:

* A bit pricey compare with other soap brand. This product cost P79.75.
* Fragrance don't last on the skin

BELO BABY HAIR AND BODY WASH



This product has the same content as Belo baby bar soap. Made of 100% natural ingredients with 0% chemicals. Though this is a body wash, I'm only using this to my son's hair because we stick to Cetaphil baby due to skin problems.

Pros:

* I love the packaging. I can easily pump using one hand.
* I super love the smell. This is the only product that fragrance lasts on my son's scalp even he's very active and "pawisin."
* Available in all leading supermarket and malls.
* As a shampoo, we are able to use this until 2 months.

Cons:

* A bit pricey compare to other products. This 200 ml bottle cost P219.75.


These are my personal reviews for each product. It still really depends on your taste, baby's skin, budget and Pedia's advise of what brand are you going to use for your baby. Thank you for reading.


*/ Everything I wrote here is my 100% honest review. No compensation and definitely not sponsored. Blogpost updated August 31st, 2016.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! :) this will be very helpful for me and my baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mommy Charleys for dropping by :"> Have a good day!

      Delete
  2. it has been years since I gave a baby a bath, my youngest is now 5 years old. But the baby products I still use occasionally for him! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mommy Lorly. I would love to use baby products for my son until he grows old. Have a nice day :">

      Delete
  3. I've tried almost everything in your list! Funnily though, I actually prefer baby soaps that are not too bubbly and without fragrance because they have less chemicals. My son is 3 now and we use Human Heart Nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience mommy Marie. I'll try Human Heart Nature next time. Have a great day :">

      Delete
  4. Excited to try Cetaphil baby for my little one. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for appreciating Mommy Mhaan. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  5. I love cetaphil! It's just hard to find so what i do before during my kids baby years, i hoard them once i spotted them on a store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you mommy Elizabeth. I'm having a hard time looking for this product. They are mostly available in SM Supermaket. Thank you for reading. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  6. Thats a lot of baby products you've tried huh? I'm currently using Tiny Buds and they're great too for laundry, and bottle cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes mommy Peach, most of the products are bigay lang or free kaya madami akong natry. I'm using Tiny buds powder before when baby got neck rash thought I can replace it from J&J cornstarch powder. Thanks for reading and suggestion. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried johnsons cause it's affordable and lactacyd because it smells nice and has been prescribed by my kid's pedia. I've read some good stuff about cetaphil. Might give it a try. Thanks for sharing your experience with these. ^_^ ~Pearliza Paguio

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree to your reviews 'cause I'd used these products for my kids too when they were younger; but I love Cetaphil the most! ;)

    ReplyDelete

  10. Thank you for putting an effort to published this article. You've done a great job! Good bless!

    Baby Bath Products

    ReplyDelete