Latest Posts

Be Fit And Strong; 5 Tips When Going To Gym

By 5:58:00 PM , ,


Before I found out that I'm pregnant, I was 58kg. I feel too fat that time. After my pregnancy, I gained 12 kg. Imagine how frustrating it is. My clothes before are not fitting my body anymore. I hate to see myself wearing my mom's shorts or blouses or pants. I really want to get back in shape.

Every year, getting fit and having a balance diet is on top of my new year's resolution but, it never happen. It's so hard to control myself from eating. But this year, I have to discipline myself.


A photo posted by Lady Anne Louise Barrun (@ladysaleisha) on

Please excuse my instagram post, I am currently running when I took that photo. Anyway, I'm a Gold's Gym Member since September. Me and my colleague applied. One advantage when you have a gym buddy is you have a companion and won't feel awkward when working out. The disadvantage of having a gym buddy is when you plan to go on a gym that day then one backs out, you'll get lazy to go to the gym also. That's what happen to us for the past 3 months.

Anyway, my blog is about getting fit and strong. I would like to share some important tips when going to the gym.

(1) Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Of course this is a must. You will be doing aerobic workouts, running, stretching or even dancing so you need to be comfortable when moving your body.
    * You should wear clothes that are loose and comfortable. But if you are running or biking, avoid wide-leg or loose pants that could get tangled up in the pedals or your feet.
     * For activities such as yoga or Pilates, stretchy, fitted fabrics that wick away sweat are a good choice. In general, keep in mind that you don't want any clothing that gets in the way of the activity.

(2) Avoid wearing light color shirt. This is base on my experience. One time, I wore light gray shirt and by the time I'm sweating so much, there's a sweat mark on my underarm. Its embarrassing but I just go with the flow.

(3) Don't forget to bring padlock and keys. Lockers are available for all gym members to keep your bags and stuffs. Just don't forget to bring padlock and keys because you don't want someone to steal it.

(4) Bring your own drinking bottle. Before, I use their drinking faucet because I'm too lazy to bring my own drinking bottle. Until one time, when I'm drinking, the water splashed all over my shirt. Yeah! quite embarrassing. Also, it's a little bit hassle if you have to go to the drinking station in the middle of your workout.

(5) Always have extra. Extra clothes, small towel and undergarment are also necessary even if you're not planning to take a shower after your workout. Like me, I go to gym after my graveyard shift and I don't want to take a risk of taking a shower without proper sleep. Powder, facial wash and other hygiene products will still keep you fresh.

Exercising is not specifically will make you slim. As they say, 80% diet and 20% workout is the key for weight loss. When I started taking classes (Zumba, Piloxing, Pilates, and Yoga) I realized that getting sexier body should not be the reason why I'm doing this. I'm exercising to be "Healthy, Fit and Strong" because I am now a mother.

I want to be a mother who can still carry her child even though he weighs 10 kg or heavier. I want to be a mother who can be my son's playmate without getting tired easily. I want to be there with him when he wants to explore or discover new things. I want to live longer.

These are the things going on my mind which is why I am more determined and committed with this activity and I wanted to share this to other moms too. Add exercise to your weekly schedule. Not necessarily you have to go to the gym, because you can do simple 15-30 minutes routine work-out at home. As you always think about your child needs, think about yourself too because your child needs you more than anything else in this world.

SO THIS 2016, LET'S BE FIT AND STRONG MOMMIES!

Just sharing one of the classes I attended. Retro Dancing!



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. I totally understand where you're coming from sis! Although I thankfully now maintain a healthy weight vs. height body form, I still feel that I need to exercise more especially the core muscles not because of the impending summer season but because I want to be able to stay strong and have a strong endurance when it comes to carrying my kids. :) I'll be joining you this year then and discipline myself as well to exercising more and to eat healthily. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you were able to maintain a healthy weight. Hoping I can do it too this year 2016.

      Delete
  2. As much as I'd love to go back to working out in a gym, I can't because we don't have a yaya to leave the kids with. What I did though is I got myself workout games on the Play Station (i.e. Zumba and Just Dance) so I can work out at home with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really a good workout. I love dancing so I enjoy doing Zumba and other dances.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with adding exercise to our routine. Ive been letting myself go and I wanna get back on track with my weightloss goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get back on track of your weight loss goals.

      Delete
  4. That is really true when it comes to being fit. Kahit anong work out mo if you are not watching what you eat wala din.

    Great tips you have here.. hindi ko na try ever mag gym e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Mommy Pehpot. Balance diet and food discipline is a must.

      Delete
  5. For the last few years, enrolling in a fitness program and working in the gym is always on my no.1 list... But until today, still it never happens... My old olds wont fit me anymore too and i think i need to seriously take the leap for a healthier and sexier body... Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tips, it really is important to bring your own water. The first time I went to a gym, I forgot to bring my own, so I had to wait 'till I can buy outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes M. Lesson learned to bring our own bottle.

      Delete
  7. I really need to get back to being fit and I've been planning it for the longest time but hopefully I'll get on track this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been planning this too for almost 3 years. Hope you can start doing work out as soon as you're ready.

      Delete
  8. Toast to that! Health is wealth and there's never an excuse for being fit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also back in working out (i'm into running) but not to loose weight but to feel healthier. Since I gave birth ang lakas kong kumain haha buti nalang I still breastfeed my little one. That's my mini work out.

    Mhaan <3 | Mommy Rockin' In Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes especially to #2 and #3! I was so lazy before to bring proper stuff. Yung gamit ko I ended up always bringing them with me when I exercised kasi I kept forgetting the padlock hay. Thanks for sharing your tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ako din tamad ako magdala ng mga gamit ko kaso one day, iniwan ko lang siya sa locker walang padlock. Muntik na siyang mawala kaya ayun, di na ako umulit. Thanks Jackie :)

      Delete
  11. So important to remain fit and healthy so you can live a better life for longer, Great that you are getting into the gym. good post

    ReplyDelete