Latest Posts

Caffe La Tea Review - Openrice PH Food Tasting Event

By 5:40:00 PM , , , , ,


This is my second time for Openrice food tasting event and I am very happy that they are inviting me. Last February 24, food bloggers are gathered to check and try Caffe La Tea's menu. I was just in time when I arrived the place. Jeremiah Santos which is called by the name of Jerro, the Marketing Consultant and Author/Blogger of Gourmanila introduced to us their menus and story behind of the cafe.

I have photobomber at the back :)
Caffe La Tea was started in Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija in July 2012. This idea came from the motivated cousin-sisters-friend group (Happy, Ermina, Ciarra, and Rona) because they want to offer the city something fresh, vibrant and original. Thus, CaffĂ© La Tea was conceptualized with the aim to provide a cozy and lively place for friends to gather and chitchat, while filling their cravings for a great cup of coffee or tea, paired with the perfect dessert. This Anonas branch was opened last September 2015 and there is another branch in Quezon City opened last October. If I'm not mistaken, there will be an opening at Cagayan de Oro, so stay tuned.

Taiwan is their source of milktea because they want it to be authentic as can be. Aside from milktea, they are also proud of their coffees which has blend of Robusta and Arabica. Bitterness with a hint of sweetness is the signature taste of their coffee.



For their milk tea and coffee, the price ranges from P50-P129 (Grande 500ml) and P65-P149 (Venti 700ml). Their best seller is Harajuku which is a combination of fuzzy melon + dark cocoa + coffee jelly + secret twist. That secret twist is the popping pearl. For me, I tried their Cookies and Cream Milktea Smoothies because that's my favorite flavor. 


To be honest with you, I really don't like milktea. I just don't like the after taste of tea, but the Caffe La Tea milktea is different. I enjoyed it and there's no after taste. The flavor is in there, also the taste of tea but in a sweet and delightful way. Without being biased, this is the only milktea that I finished drinking.

Let's talk about their foods. They have variety of food to choose from. Rice toppings, appetizers, salads, pasta, sandwiches, and pastries.

APPETIZER

Chili Bombs surprisingly is not spicy. It consist of green chili, ham and cheese with mayo garlic sauce. Mozza lava sticks has mozarella and pomodoro perfect match with marinara sauce.



Chiz Buko is quite different from lumpia that we used to. Instead of togue and giniling, this appetizer has buco strips, vegies, ham and cheese.

RICE TOPPINGS




Cabsy means Cabanatuan and their longganisa is really a must try. I remember in Ka Tunying's Cafe, they also has Cabanatuan longganisa which they called in their menu as batutay.


PASTA



All of their pasta really taste good and delicious but the pasta that standout for me is Truffle Pasta. The main ingredient is wild mushroom and truffle oil. So far, this is the best pasta I tasted in my life. I mean it. So if you're going to visit this cafe, try the truffle pasta.

PASTRIES


If you are not into foods and pasta, why don't you try their cupcakes. It's perfect company for milk tea and coffee. I only tasted their New York Oreo cupcake and I am already falling in love with it's flavor and moist. I'm not a cupcake lover but this cupcake is an exemption. My blogger friends told me that Bannoffee Pie is the best. One of the attendee, bought one box of it.


It's really a sumptuous and wonderful feeling to dine and experience this delightful meals from Caffe La Tea. I've been recommending this to my friends and will definitely come back here. It's a cafe that provide you quality products and food in a very affordable price. Will you believe me if I say that the most expensive food they offer cost P169? Yes it's true so you don't have to worry, it's not gonna mess your budget.


Thank you again to Openrice Philippines for inviting me to this food tasting event. Kindly visit their website for more updated reviews of restaurant all over the Philippines. If you want to know the prices of each menu, follow me on Opensnap and download it on your mobile devices. It's absolutely free plus you can also upload your own food photos. Caffe La Tea is located at 16 Congressional Ave. Bahay Toro Commonwealth Quezon City. Follow them on facebook and instagram for more info.



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

You Might Also Like

39 comments

  1. There's a branch in Tarlac located near at the University, 2-3 minute ride. And I must say, their pastries are the best! Specially the smores and red velvet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it but when I come back, I will try smores and red velvet. Thanks for that tip :)

      Delete
  2. Everything looks divine. Being an absolute fan of coffee, I will definitely check them out. Thanks for sharing.
    -Gino of www.dropdeaddapper.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginoel. You can also download openrice application for more restaurant reviews. It's easy to use and absolutely free.

      Delete
  3. Yummy food! And those prices were really affordable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The truffle pasta and milk tea looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truffle pasta is the best. You should try it someday.

      Delete
  5. I wanna taste the Harajiku, Mozza Lava Sticks and Crispy Dinuguan. I think I'm gonna like this restaurant! Hopefully they open a branch somewhere near my place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping they can open a branch near my place too. You will be surprised with the popping pearl of Harajuku.

      Delete
  6. So sad I missed this! I was suppose to go :( Huhuhuhu. This looked so yummy. Next time, sabay naman tayo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sayang naman. Next time sama ka na :) Oo sabay tayo. See you in the next food tasting event.

      Delete
  7. A coffee place with some yummy salty offerings? Wow! This is really a good compromise when my wife would want to go to a cafe and I am craving for some rice meals. It's also a big plus that their meals are affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a perfect match Carlo :) Their menu are really affordable plus sulit na sulit.

      Delete
  8. I got so intrigued with their Harajuku :) The rest of the menu looks great too! I would definitely want to try this :) Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that secret twist of Harajuku is really intriguing. I hope you visit this caffe someday with your love ones.

      Delete
  9. too bad i am unable to join this eat's a date. it's a conflict of sched. some are the usual viands we eat but was served in a different way. looks so inviting!

    -aikaloraine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next time Aika. Hope to see you in next food tasting event.

      Delete
  10. Oh yeah I saw this along Anonas, I'm not really a fan of coffee shops like this but I think it is worth of a try :)

    Nurse Alpha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everything in their menu really taste delicious.

      Delete
  11. Omyyyyyy! I'm craving for their smoothies and Mozza Lava sticks :-) Looks so goooooood hehe, I'll try to find this place whenever I'm in the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ang bilis nga naubos ng Mozza Lava Sticks. It taste so good especially with it's dipping marinara sauce.

      Delete
  12. Well, that is the perk of being invited to events. You get to taste foods. Some you like, some you don't. Some as expected, some totally unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Robert. The good thing is we all enjoyed the event.

      Delete
  13. Is that near Munoz Market, Congressional Avenue? It's nice that they have these savory food which will be perfect with the sweet tea. I'd love to eat there one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are quite near. 1.6 km apart, this Caffe is beside Starbucks Congressional. I hope you visit this Caffe with your children.

      Delete
  14. I was invited for this but I couldn't commit because it was too far :( It would have been nice to finally meet you in person.

    Anyway, the drinks looks tasty! I too hate tea before but it was because of the milk tea products that became a trend that made me love it. I have to try theirs when I'm around the area :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sayang naman Louise. Hope to see you on their next event.

      Delete
  15. Awww. Their food looks really yummy. I'm glad to know it's also very affordable too. Hehe. I hope they also open here in Alabang although I don't mind going to QC to try it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are very affordable compare with other Caffe. Hope you visit this place someday and enjoy their menus.

      Delete
  16. Wow! You're very lucky to attend such kind of event, all the food looks great :) I want to try their pasta and liempo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am. Thanks Arriane. Their pasta is a must try.

      Delete
  17. Yumm... the food picture are delightful. *Mouth-watering*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. Lucky you! I love its pasta, pastiries and combos. Will surely try this place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah we're the same, the reason why I am not a big fan of Milk tea is because of the after taste but the pictures you posted here are really tempting.
    The dishes looks really great too! I hope I can visit this shop soon
    I might as well try that OpenSnap to locate other great shops near my place and have the idea of how much their menu cost too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bluedreamer :) I'm glad we're feeling the same with milkteas. Hope you enjoy Opensnap application.

      Delete
  20. Ughh!! mouthwatering cupcakes!! Too bad Im too far OTL

    ReplyDelete
  21. This tea house in non-traditional because they offer rice meals, haha! But I would love to try their crispy binagoongan and dinuguan. Good to hear that the resto is just at QC.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to try the crispy dinuguan along with the milktea...

    ReplyDelete