Latest Posts

PrinceDiaries: How I Keep My Son Healthy, Active and Strong

By 6:25:00 PM , , ,


As a parent, one of my worries is if my son getting all the nutrients he needs for his body. It is important I always check what he eat, how they cook, where they came from and its nutrient content. But as much as I wanted him to avoid non-nutritious food, I can't because I'm working full time so choosing the products are very crucial to me.

I'm a bottle feeding mom and I wasn't able to breastfeed my son since day 1. Many people told me "magiging sakitin yan" or "magiging mahina ang utak niyan." These are the words haunted my mind for a couple of months when he was born so I tried my very best to give him all the things he needs including love and care.

Fast forward, my son is now 15 months old and he's very active, healthy and strong little boy who keeps roaming around our house, eating a lot of food (proud mommy here, he's not a picky eater), loves to sing, dance and read books. My secrets? I'll share it with you.

1.EATING VEGETABLES AND FRUITS

A photo posted by Lady Anne Louise Barrun (@ladymotherhoodjourney) on

Aside from his milk, it is essential and necessary our kids eat vegetables and fruits everyday. Prince started eating solid food as early as 4 months old. Yes, I know some of you will say "diba dapat 6 months old magstart?" We can teach our kids in a different way, my son was ready to eat at that young age so we let him explore and taste foods that are easy to digest. Right now, I'm really happy with the result because he eats any food we give to him.

2. GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP


Babies sleep will vary from newborn up to 4-5 months old. Sleep has been shown to be important for maturation of infants’ brains and consolidation of their memories. Your child is getting enough sleep if he falls asleep easily and wakes up happily.

3. MAKING HIM HAPPY


Motherhood taught me how to live in a simple way. Kids don't need extravagant toys. I noticed that my son is happier when I read him books, play with him, talk to him, sing him songs, go out with him and stroll outside. Showing and expressing your love to your children is definitely will make them happy inside and out.

4. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES


If we can't go regularly outside the city and look for a field area with fresh air to let him play, we make sure to bring him in any indoor parks. Encouraging him to move more as part of a healthy lifestyle. They said that kids who are physically fit are better able to handle physical and emotional challenges.

5. CHOOSING THE RIGHT VITAMIN SUPPLEMENT


As much as I wanted Prince to get all the nutrients from what he eat, I'm worried his meals are not enough so choosing the right vitamin supplement is needed. For me, I choose Nutri-10 plus because it's pack of Lysine, Taurine, Zinc and CGF (Chlorella Growth Factor) which ensure of a healthier, body and mind, greater vitality and energy, and greater resistance to disease.


Aside from the 4 growth factors of Nutri10 plus, it has Vitamins such as A, D3, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 and C which help promote overall immunity, maximize physical growth and enhance brain development.

Before, Prince is taking 3 different types of vitamin supplement, but when we discovered Nutri-10 plus, we're now using 1 bottle of vitamin supplement. Why? Because he can get the same amount of vitamins from his previous supplement in just one bottle. Plus. it's not tough to give him this supplement since it tastes sweet orange which kids really love. Overall, we are satisfied with Nutri10 and will definitely stick with this.

Nutri10 plus is available in Mercury and Watsons nationwide. Nutri10 syrup 120 ml cost P160.00 while Nutri10 drops 30 ml cost P100.

*disclaimer: Everything I wrote in this post is my 100% honest review and I tried the product for several months before posting about it.

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. YES na YES to all! Food supplement is also my best friend. Day's not complete without it. It's for my son's immunity, so very important for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands on moms are the best. We really owe it to our kids to help make them stong and healthy and ready to face the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep is very important to me so I really make sure that my son will have 8 or more hours of sleep everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids are taking Nutri10 plus.. It really boost their immune system! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I agree that food suppliments is very helpful to our kids specially sa anak ko na picky eater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all! My daughter takes Nutri10 Plus as well and it's just great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree on daily food supplement. Kids simply cannot take in a day a the required vitamins and minerals so the food supplement will fill in the gap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lady Anne :) Grabe lang talaga noh how other people can be so harsh to our kids! "Magiging mahina utak niyan" Very negative naman na comment. We can dispel that by speaking life and encouragement to our kids and pray for them everyday.

    My son loves taking Nutri10, too :) Hindi na pahirapan magpainom ng vitamins because Nutri10 comes in Ponkan flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also make sure my kids eat fruits and vegetables. Good thing we started them young with vegetables. My challenge is getting them to sleep early at night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no, on behalf of all those breastfeeding mums and/or advocates, I want to apologise! I want to give them the benefit of the doubt - maybe they had good intentions - but it's not true that your child will be sickly or slow just because he was bottlefed. There are a lot of factors and I'm sure you're trying your best to be a great mum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree on everything you have listed down, especially on getting enough sleep and making our little ones happy. I also heard from other mommies that Nutri10 Plus is really good. Glad that Prince liked it too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our children's health are really super important. Kaya we also do everything we could to make sure that they are healthy and strong. :) Nice tips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's sad talaga when mommies are shamed just because they bottle fed their kids. I have the amazing opportunity to breastfeed my youngest but I also bottle fed my 2 older daughters so there is no judging here. Please always remember that you are doing a great job raising your kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah yes, physical activities and the right supplements can really keep our kids healthy. We have boys, too, so we make sure they're getting a lot of physical activity even if it only means getting to run and chase each other at High street for an hour or two.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our kids' health is really our top priority as a mom, and that's why I try to give my child her daily intake of vegetables. It's great that you were able to find the right vitamins for your child. We will definitely try this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Moms will do and give the best to their children because of their unconditional love. Kudos to you, Mommy! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Almost the same age ang babies natin! :) I feel bad na dahil sinabi nilang hindi mo na-breastfeed ang baby mo ay magiging mahina daw ang utak. A BIG NO! Nakuuu, talaga naman yung iba masyadong judgmental. I'm a breastfeeding mom but I know some kids na same age ng LO ko na mas advanced pa nga ang speech than my son and could count and sing the ABC na. It still depends on parenting style talaga and all kids have their own progress. Anyway, my son takes Nutri10 also as one of his food supplement/vitamins intake routine. I noticed he has been matakaw than the usual since then. And it's good kasi kakagaling lang din nya sa sakit kaya time nya na para bumawi sa pagkain. :) I hope that both our sons be in good shape and perfect health at all times. God bless you and your family, sis! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. My kids love Nuri10plus! And yeah, making them happy is one on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My 10-year-old son tried Nutri10 Plus, too, and he liked it. We wanted him to grow taller, though, so we shifted him to a different vitamin after we've finished our Nutri10 Plus bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree on all points. My sons love Nutri10 Plus also. The ponkan flavor seems so perfect for them. I'm so tempted to try it myself to see why they like it so much. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am happy that my daughter is not a picky eater too. She's still toddler and vitamins / food supplements contributes on their growing stage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So nice naman to know how you take care of your baby. I dol ko talaga mga maalagang mom kasi im trying my best din na alagaan baby ko ng maayos. I'll that vitamins too for my son ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do the same except for the fruits and veggies. I am having a hard time feeding them with veggies, so I make sure they get the right amoint of nutrients thru milk and vitamins :)

    ReplyDelete